Terms and Conditions of Limited Warranty of Hardware Products
The Statement introduces products warranty offered by Nanjing Magewell Electronics Co., Ltd. (“Magewell”), including services and support information provided to original purchasers (“purchaser” or “you”).
The “terms and conditions of limited warranty of hardware products” only apply to “Magewell” hardware products that you purchased from Magewell, or Magewell’s authorized distributors or resellers. To ensure your entitlement to the warranty, please purchase Magewell products from our authorized distributors or resellers in your country or area only. You can check the information on the Where to Buy page. If none is available within your country or area on that page, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for advice, otherwise, your product may not be entitled to the due warranty.
Magewell warranty aims to solving hardware failure during normal usage. Users need to follow steps in the user guide, otherwise Magewell is not liable for any failure or cost that is caused by user’s misuse, mistakes, accidental behaviors, abuse and etc.
Except otherwise set between you and Magewell in advance in a written form, the free limited warranty service starts from the date on your proof of purchase. The proof can be: sales contract, formal sales receipt, invoice or delivery note. The earliest date of these proofs is the starting date of the free limited warranty.
The period of free limited warranty goes as below:
- The period of limited warranty for capture cards/capture boxes/USB Capture Family capture dongles is one year;
- The period of limited warranty for the USB Capture Plus Family and Flex I/O Family is three years;
- The period of limited warranty for the accessory switching cable, adapter is one year;
- The accessory, Low-Profile brackets are not included in the free limited warranty.
How to get the limited warranty
- Please contact Magewell support team by email (email@example.com) first to make sure whether your problem can only be solved by returning to Magewell for repair.
- Magewell will issue a RMA letter to you if it is confirmed that you need to return the faulty product for further examination or repair. Please fill in the RMA with necessary information required as below:
- Client’s name, address, zip code and telephone;
- Product serial number. You can find the information on the label of the product or on the UI of related software; (please note, if the label of serial number is torn off or the serial number is invalid, your product may not be entitled to warranty).
- Purchase Proof (for example, scanned copy of invoice or sales contracts or delivery note);
- Brief description of the problem.
If it is regular repair, you will be responsible for the shipping cost, duties and insurance cost (if applicable); if the product is DOA, Magewell will be responsible for the shipping cost.
Pay attention to the following before returning the products:
- Provide an item list for what are returned, including the accessories, if any;
- The original Magewell package box is preferred;
- the ESD-safe bag originally provided by Magewell is preferred or please use a bag that can provide good buffer during transportation to avoid further damage to the faulty units.
- If more than one product shall be returned, please pack them in individual bags;
- If some components need to be replaced, Magewell will decide to repair, renovate or replace the components by itself. Magewell may use new or repaired component to repair the product. The repaired product can work normally and the performance can remain the same. Repaired products can work in a good working condition and at least functions are the same as part of the original unit. The original replaced component will become property of Magewell and components which are replaced for the client will become his/her property.
- If the product is within warranty, Magewell will repair or replace the faulty units at its own options. In the circumstances where the faulty unit is replaced by another one, Magewell may use new, repaired or renovated units. The faulty unit will then become the property of Magewell while the replacement unit will become the property of the purchaser.
- If the warranty expires, Magewell will inform the purchaser whether the products can be repaired and the maintenance costs they need to pay. If purchasers decide to repair, Magewell will repair, renovate, or replace the components after receiving the maintenance costs. If purchasers give up repairing, Magewell will dispose the faulty unit at the purchaser’s option.
- The repaired or replaced product assumes 1) the remaining term of the Warranty of the replaced unit or faulty unit; 2) ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you. The extended warranty is only valid for repaired/replaced components.
- The period of service depends on client’s location (country and area) and the product.
Before repair, you need to:
- Remove all the non-Magewell accessories and any other third party hardware, including but not limited to storage card or any other accessories that does not provided by Magewell or which does not have warranty;
- Ensure the product or its component does not have any legal obligation or limitation in case it may be replaced during repair;
- Please operate according to the service process of Magewell.
- If non-Magewell accessories or a third party hardware needs to be returned to Magewell , please get the confirmation and approval from Magewell in advance. In this case, you shall backup all the data saved in the product or its component, if applicable. You shall provide all the system keys or passwords to the authorized service center so the authorized service center can enter your system easily and do its duty if necessary. You shall also remove any confidential or personal information saved in your system.
To the maximum extent permitted by laws, Magewell is not liable for any express, implication, oral agreement or other unless it is clearly described in terms and conditions of this warranty, including but not limited to implications or guarantee of marketability, being non-invasive, qualification, or others for specific purposes.
Magewell does not provide free warranty if any of the following cases happened:
- Tear off the label of serial number on the product or the product doesn’t have a valid serial number label.
- Failure caused by not following the “User Guide” or “User Manual”;
- Damage or failure due to the following reasons:
- Misuse or abuse;
- Incorrect installation, operation or maintenance;
- Incorrect connection to peripheral equipment or any third party’s products;
- Use non-Magewell accessories or spare parts;
- Repaired by persons who are not authorized by Magewell;
- Accidental or deliberate damage or damage caused by natural disaster;
- Damage caused by continuous unstable voltage;
- Damage caused by any liquid;
- Damage not due to product material or workmanship;
- Problems that are related to applications or software;
- Problems that are caused by using accessories which are not offered by Magewell or devices that are manufactured by a third party.
- The PCB is damaged or scratched, distorted; the PCI bracket is distorted; the IC component is damaged;
- Problems that are not caused by product design, technology, manufactory or quality.
- Problems that exceed the scope of the terms and conditions.
- The ownership has been transferred. The warranty only applies to the original purchasers who bought the product directly from Magewell authorized distributors and resellers.
Limitation of Liability
If purchasers send the product to Magewell or service centers without a RMA, Magewell and the service center shall not take any responsibility for this product. Magewell is only liable for damages or lost caused or happened when the product is at Magewell’s office.
Neither Magewell nor your service provider is not liable for any direct or indirect damage or lost due to data lost or data disclosure, including confidential information in the product or exclusive or personal data. You shall delete and/or backup all the information in your product before you ship together with the RMA.
Magewell may provide and authorize licenses of certain applications and documents to purchasers together with hardware products for test purposes. Magewell, its subsidiary, Magewell authorized distributors or resellers are not liable for the quality, performance, merchantability or usability of these items.
If defects exist in the material or production, purchasers’ only and exclusive solution is to follow terms and conditions herein.
Magwell, its subsidiary, Magewell authorized distributors and resellers are not liable for the following incidents:
- Any damage, including but not limited to direct, indirect, accidental, punitive, or joint damage, user data loss, profit loss or business interruption;
- Any loss or damage that is due to wars, strikes, industry movement, stoppage, fire accident, explosion, social unrest, lightning stroke, earthquake, rebellion, natural disaster and other natural phenomenon, or any other reasons which cannot be controlled by Magewell.
Magewell reserves all the explanation rights towards the warranty. Magewll may modify the above terms and conditions without further notice at any time. The latest modified terms and conditions will automatically become effective immediately.
Purchasers agree Magwell to collect, use, save, process or disclose users’ information for purposes that are allowed by applicable laws of where Magewell is registered and located. These purposes include but not limited to the following:
- Provide services;
- Magewell, its subsidiary, Magewell’s authorized distributors or resellers can provide product and service information to purchasers, including but not limited to satisfactory questionnaire, product recall and other issues regarding safety;
- Implement the limited warranty;
- Other lawful requirements.
For more information about Magewell warranty details, please visit http://www.magewell.com or you can send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wherever purchasers buy Magewell products, Magewell reserves the explanation right to the warranty.