- I have a multi-channel Pro Capture card. When I install the driver or the when system starts, the system BSoD (Blue Screen of Death).The card has compatibility issues with X99 chipset. Update the driver to Version 1978 or above to solve the problem.
- I have a multi-channel Pro Capture card. After I run my video capture software, the captured image has problems such as tearing or not horizontally aligned. Or when I try to capture multiple channel simultaneously, the system BSoD (Blue Screen of Death).The card has compatibility issues with X99 chipset. Please check http://www.magewell.com/3927.html
- Yes, multi-channel cards, such as Pro Capture Dual HDMI/SDI/DVI capture 2 channels simultaneously.
- Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and Linux.
- This series use PCIe 2.x interface. They can also be mounted on PCIe 1.x slot, but the transmission rate will be limited to the same as PCIe 1.x.
- Yes. Multiple Magewell capture cards can work together on one computer.
Images are captured by hardware while the compression is done by software when saving the data. Magewell cards are not hardware compression cards.
What is software compression? Capture of image and video data is done by hardware, but the compression is done by software when saving the data (without compression, the data volume will be very large, so usually it needs compression). The process of compression will use some CPU and memory.
What is hardware compression? Capture of image and video data and the compression are done by the capture card, and will not occupy much CPU.